Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I want to be like Micah

"When I get bigger, I will... "
... drive an orange truck, eat chocolate, use that big scissors ...
I hear variations of this all day from my darling son Micah.  I don't know how I missed this phrase in my recent post, Overheard.  This boy has big plans and dreams.  

I want to be like Micah. 

See, I had a  birthday today.  I've been thinking about just how broken I am, how much I have to learn, how much I need to grow in faith and understanding.  I want to know that "when I get bigger, I will... "  
... understand the gospel better
... walk more closely with Christ
... pray more
... have more faith and less fear
... display more spirit-fruit in my life.

I want to be like Micah.  This is the boy who you take to the zoo and show him his favorite animal, the hippopotamus, and you think you've handed him the world.  Instead of saying, "Hey, that's neat," he says, "Can I touch it?"  If you took him to the top of a mountain and showed him all the beauty he could take in, he would say, "Can I jump off?"  He always wants to take it to the next level. 

Lord, keep me hungry and thirsty like my son Micah.  Please take me to the next level. 

1 comment:

  1. that's so wonderful that you are able to learn so many amazing lessons from watching and listening to your sons. I love being a mom! Happy birthday to you, by the way!!!! May you grow deeper in love with Jesus each day!

    ReplyDelete